COVID-19 Update 69 with Roger Seheult, MD of
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is an over the counter supplement that has been utilized by clinicians for years to treat acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose, as a mucolytic, and for other medical problems. There is compelling research that NAC may also reduce the severity of viral infections like influenza, and perhaps reduce the risk of blood clots (thromboembolism) as well. Could NAC be effective in COVID-19? Dr. Seheult illustrates these ideas and discusses the peer-reviewed data involved.
Links referenced in this video:
Johns Hopkins Tracker –
Taylor & Francis –
European Respiratory Journal –
Biochemical Pharmacology –
Free Radical Research –
Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine –
Journal of Medical Toxicology –
Blood Coagulation & Fibrinolysis –
Redox Biology –
Blood Advances –
Journal of Clinical Investigation 1 –
Journal of Clinical Investigation 2 –
Clinical Trials –
Some previous videos from this series (visit MedCram.com for the full series):
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 68: Kawasaki Disease; Minority Groups & COVID-19:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 67: COVID-19 Blood Clots – Race, Blood Types, & Von Willebrand Factor
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 66: ACE-Inhibitors and ARBs – Hypertension Medications with COVID-19
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 65: COVID-19 and Oxidative Stress (Prevention & Risk Factors)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 64: Remdesivir COVID-19 Treatment Update
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 62: Treatment with Famotidine (Pepcid)?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 61: Blood Clots & Strokes in COVID-19; ACE-2 Receptor; Oxidative Stress
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? This video was removed by YouTube
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 59: Dr. Seheult’s Daily Regimen (Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Quercetin, NAC)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 58: Testing; Causes of Hypoxemia in COVID 19 (V/Q vs Shunt vs Diffusion)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 57: Remdesivir Treatment Update and Can Far-UVC Disinfect Public Spaces?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 56: What is “Forest Bathing” & Can It Boost Immunity Against Viruses?
– Coronavirus Outbreak / Pandemic Update 55: How COVID 19 Infection Attacks The Immune System & Differs From HIV:
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment:
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com, and we offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, strokes, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypercoagulation, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.).
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram provides videos to a variety of medical schools, education programs, and institutions (please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested)
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact info:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #Coronavirus